Freezing and crashing of browsers in AOL Desktop Gold is a prevalent issue faced by the desktop user. If you are also one of those facing the browser’s crashing issue, you must resolve this issue quickly so that you can access your browser with ease. To fix the browser issue, you can download AOL Gold again on your system by first removing the desktop software’s earlier installed version. You can refer to this blog to know the steps that can help fix this browser issue of AOL Gold.
Fix Browser Crashing Issue in AOL Desktop Gold
Follow these quick tips to fix the browser crashing error in the AOL Desktop Gold:
- Restart Your System
Restart your system to fix this crashing glitch of browser in AOL Gold. First, exit from all the running applications and then restart your computer.
- Scan for Malicious Files
Using good antivirus software, perform a full system scan and then remove all the infected files and folders. However, only use updated antivirus software to scan your computer.
3. Check the System Compatibility
System incompatibility can be one of the reasons why your browser crashes while running in AOL Gold. To fix this, you need to run a system compatibility check to ensure you are using the correct version of your system’s software. You can run the system compatibility check by following these steps:
- First, click on the Windows icon and then enter ‘system’ on the search bar.
- From the prompt list, select ‘system’ and then open it.
- Ensure that your system abides by the below-mentioned specification required to download AOL Gold
- Device storage: 512 Hard disk space or more & 1 GB or more RAM
- Screen Resolution: 1068*768 or more
- System processor: 266 MHz or faster
- Operating system: Window 8,9,10 or newer
- Remove the Junk Files
Overloaded memory cans also cause the crashing of the browser in AOL Gold. However, by freeing your system’s storage space, you can solve the browser’s crashing issue. By using the disk cleanup, you can remove the junk and temporary files of your system.
- You need to first go to the Windows start button and then enter ‘disk cleanup’ on the search bar.
- Now from the result shown up, click on the disk cleanup option.
- On the next Window, choose the files you wish to delete by marking the checkbox present next to those files.
- At last click on OK.
Even after applying all these steps, if the browser crashing issue still haunts you, then you need to install AOL Gold software again by removing the earlier version. To remove the earlier installed version of desktop software you need to uninstall it, and then download the setup file of the latest version of AOL Gold. Run this program and then follow the on-screen instruction to install the desktop software on your system.