Have you ever wondered what you will do while facing upgrade error in AOL Desktop Gold? Or what to do when you cannot update your desktop software? If no, then fret not, this upgrade issue can arise in your desktop software for various reasons. It can occur when the automatic update feature is turned off or when viruses and malware attack your system. There are other reasons too, which can be responsible for the upgrade issue in your system. However, you can resolve this issue on your own by following the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this blog. You can even try to download AOL Gold software on your system and then install it; however, don’t forget to remove the desktop software’s previously installed version.
Steps to Fix With AOL Desktop Gold Upgrade Issue
By following the steps mentioned below in this blog will help you to resolve the upgrade issue in AOL Desktop Gold:
- Use Compatible Router
Try to use 100% compatible router as then your desktop software will work smoothly. Then these routers will not cause the issue of no or poor internet connection. AOL will work smoothly with that router which has adjustable MTU settings and supports PPPoE connections. N range wireless routers will be efficient as they can cover a large distance.
- Compatible System Requirement
If your system is not fulfilling the system requirement of AOL Gold, then it may be the reason behind the occurrence of upgrade issues. You must check the system requirement before installing the desktop software:
- Operating system: Windows 7 or higher
- Processor: 266MHz or higher
- Memory: Minimum 512 MB free disk and 1GB RAM
- Screen resolution: 1024 X 768
- Fast and secure internet connection
- PPPoE connection with AOL
- You have to open the new connection wizard and click on the Next tab.
- Now click on connect to internet > Next.
- Please select the option to set up the connection manually and then using an internet connection connect it
- Now you have to enter the username and the password of your broadband connection.
- Use a unique name for your ISP Name and then complete the connection process by entering the username and password.
- Reinstall the AOL Desktop Gold Software
If the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps don’t work, then reinstall the AOL Gold software again on your system. You have to uninstall the software then do the clean installation of the AOL Desktop Gold carefully.
Remember to install AOL desktop Gold only after you are sure that your device meets the system requirement.