AOL Desktop Gold needs no introduction and people are going crazy over this software because of its amazing features. However, if you think that this software is free from all errors, you are mistaken as people face error while using this AOL Desktop Gold. One such error is download and installation error where you will be facing issues while installing this desktop software. In those situations, you can take help from experts or can refer to this blog. You can also try to install AOL desktop Gold in your system again by removing the software’s previous version first.
Steps to Fix Download and Installation Error
You can fix the download and installation error in AOL Desktop Gold by implementing these steps:
- Make sure that you are downloading the setup file of the desktop software from the official AOL website. And if you are buying this software, then ensure that you are buying from a reliable source.
- Check the system requirement before you install AOL Desktop Gold on your computer or laptop.
- Run an antivirus software so as to remove any malicious malware and spyware from your system.
- Ensure that your computer and its driver are up-to-date and if it is not, update it. Then you have to restart your system.
Advanced Solution for Fixing Download and Installation Error
When the above tips don’t help you in resolving the download and installation error of AOL Gold then you have to apply advanced troubleshooting steps:
- You have to install AOL Gold in your system as a normal user.
- Temporarily disable all the blocking applications and programs of your system and then restart your system.
- If the communication software is blocking the installation of AOL Gold, then follow these steps:
- Press the Ctrl, Alt and Delete key together to open the Task Manager
- Go to the Process tab and here search for the file with name waol.exe.
- You have to select this file and then choose the option to stop the running process.
- You can perform a clean boot of your system:
- Press the Start button and then search for msconfig, and then you have to choose the option of system configuration.
- Go to Service tab and here ticks the checkbox next to ‘Hide all Microsoft Service’ and then you have to disable all services.
- Open Task Manager and then you need to go to the Startup tab and disable all the items.
- At last, restart your computer.
To download AOL Gold software, you have to be sure that you are downloading the setup file of the latest version of the desktop software and that too from the official website of AOL.