As we know that the AOL is one of the best Email service providers but sometimes the user face few technical issues related to it and need some assistance. We are discussing one of the issue ‘unable to access emails in the AOL Desktop Gold’ and they need some assistance to resolve them. We are providing a solution for the users with instructions and the users are required to follow them very strictly. In case they failed to do so then they have one more option to resolve the issues through AOL customer care 1-844-762-3952 where they will be assisted by our technicians of level six.
Solutions with instructions:
There might be many reasons behind the technical issues that why the users are not able to access their Email. We have some option and the users have to try those options one by one
- Sign on to your AOL Desktop software as a guest
- Compact your Personal Filing Cabinet
- Remove the PFC file for the affected AOL Username
- Ensure that the mailbox filter is set to Everyone
- Purge Artwork Database
- Run Quick Restore
- Uninstall and reinstall your AOL Desktop software
Remove the PFC file for the affected Username
We are discussing one of the method to provide the solution to the users for their issues:
The users have to check whether their PFC file may be permanently corrupted and required to be removed from its default location for their mailbox to display in a proper manner. To move the PFC file to the desktop, the users are required to follow the instructions below:
1. In the beginning the users have to close their AOL Desktop software.
2. After the previous step the users have to click on Start, click All Programs or Programs, click AOL, and then click AOL System Information.
3. Open the Data folder:
a. If the users are using AOL 9.0VR or higher, click the AOL Software tab, and then click Open Data Folder.
b. If the users are using AOL 9.0 Optimized, then click Data Folder.
c. If the users are using AOL 8.0 plus or earlier versions, click Folder.
4. Now the users have to Right-click the Username file that has no extension, and then click Cut.
5. The users can see on the upper right, click X to close the Organize window.
6. Now Click on Close or X to close the AOL System Information window.
7. After that they have to Right-click on their desktop, and then click Paste.
8. Now in this step they have to Start the AOL Desktop software as they have normally would, but no need to sign in.
9. Now in the final step they have to click on the File menu, and then click Open.
10. The users have to locate the “[screenname].pfc” file located on their Desktop, and then click Open to access their old PFC file.
Note: The users have to repeat steps 7 to 9 every time they want to access their old PFC file.
As we can observer that the above description can provide the solution to the users for their technical errors they were facing. They have to just follow the instructions to resolve the issues and if they failed to do so then there is one more option to resolve the issues through AOL Desktop Gold download where they will be assisted by the skilled and trained technicians of level six within a short span of time and without any hassle.