Do you know that mail service is a better way to communicate with your friends, relatives, colleagues across the globe. Nowadays, AOL mail is the most popular email service among users. AOL email has millions of users worldwide, and they enjoy a reliable and trustworthy service of AOL email. Sometimes, you have tried to open an AOL email with AOL Desktop Gold; you have faced a device error code 100. AOL Desktop error code is a device error code that occurs when a computer driver is not installed correctly. It also occurs due to outdated and corrupted, or damaged drivers installed in your system. To resolve this error, you must Download AOL Gold software with the latest version on your device by visiting the official website of AOL. If you require urgent solutions, then you must call AOL customer service to fix this error instantly.
What Are The Symptoms of AOL Error Code 100?
- If your system takes too much time to open an AOL email, it is caught with AOL error 100.
- If a message is displayed on your screen showing error BSOD.
- When your computer can’t update anything online, this error code takes place.
What Are The Troubleshooting Methods to Fix This Error Code?
Few preventive methods are given below to remove this error code from your system.
Solution – 1 Change Windows Update Services Settings
- Open your system and choose ‘Windows Task Manager.’
- Press on open ‘Service Tab.’
- Choose the option for applying and press on the ‘Start’ button
- Finally, check the updated Windows status after going through the above points.
Solution – 2 Deactivate the Antivirus and Firewall
- To fix the error code, you must deactivate the Antivirus and Firewall.
Solution – 3 Delete Viruses or Malware from Your System
- Viruses or malware may impact your AOL Mail, or unauthorized users may try to access your computer.
- Scan your computer and delete the infections like viruses or malware
You have found it difficult to follow the above troubleshooting methods; you must Install AOL Desktop Gold, a primary step to fix this error code 100. To remove it quickly, you must take expert guidance by dialling AOL customer service, and a technical executive will listen to your queries related to AOL and provide you with the appropriate solution to remove it instantly. The technical support team is available to attend your call all the time, 24/7 hours and offer you the necessary solutions. The technical team is skilled, trained, genuine, professional to help you fix all the errors related to AOL Gold Desktop. It is an alternate way to assist technical executives on-call in resolving AOL error code – 100. You can discuss your queries one by one with a technical member and listen carefully to the suggestions provided by him.
Related Post: How to fix Browser Crashing Issue in AOL Desktop Gold
Fix AOL Desktop Gold Error 137
Remembering every email and account password is very complicated if you have an account in a different email service. You will be amazed to know that AOL offers its users a way to store and save the passwords. You can use the Browser Password Manager in AOL Desktop Gold to save your various accounts’ passwords. You have to install AOL Gold on your system first to use the Browser Password Manager feature for securing all your online passwords. Go through this blog to have a general overview of the steps you need to follow while enabling and disabling the browser password manager.
Steps to Enable and Disable Browser Password Manager in the AOL Desktop Gold
One of the quickest and efficient ways to manage all your online credentials in AOL Desktop Gold is using Browser Password Manager. Read these steps to learn how you can enable or disable the browser password manager in your AOL Desktop Gold:
- Step 1: Open your favorite web browser in your system and then log in to your AOL Desktop Gold account by using your account email address and password
- Step 2: You need to click on the Settings icon that is located in the left corner.
- Step 3: Then select the Browser option present on the left side of the window and then proceed forward.
- Step 4: Now, you have to click on the Passwords tab and then open the password settings.
- Step 5: You have to select the option that reads ‘Offer to save passwords I enter on the web.’
- Step 6: Once selected the option; you have an exit out of the Settings window. After that, you need to restart your AOL Desktop Gold to check if your Browser Password Manager is working or not.
If it is working, then it’s good; however, if you want to disable the Password Manager of your AOL Desktop Gold, you need to follow the same steps. Once you reach the option that reads ‘Offer to save passwords I enter on the web’ you need to deselect the box next to it and then proceed. If you have any trouble disabling or enabling the browser password manager you can download AOL desktop Gold again and then check if the problem is resolved or not. You can even reach out to the support team for speaking with trained experts to learn the download steps for your AOL Desktop Gold software.
Freezing and crashing of browsers in AOL Desktop Gold is a prevalent issue faced by the desktop user. If you are also one of those facing the browser’s crashing issue, you must resolve this issue quickly so that you can access your browser with ease. To fix the browser issue, you can download AOL Gold again on your system by first removing the desktop software’s earlier installed version. You can refer to this blog to know the steps that can help fix this browser issue of AOL Gold.
Fix Browser Crashing Issue in AOL Desktop Gold
Follow these quick tips to fix the browser crashing error in the AOL Desktop Gold:
- Restart Your System
Restart your system to fix this crashing glitch of browser in AOL Gold. First, exit from all the running applications and then restart your computer.
- Scan for Malicious Files
Using good antivirus software, perform a full system scan and then remove all the infected files and folders. However, only use updated antivirus software to scan your computer.
3. Check the System Compatibility
System incompatibility can be one of the reasons why your browser crashes while running in AOL Gold. To fix this, you need to run a system compatibility check to ensure you are using the correct version of your system’s software. You can run the system compatibility check by following these steps:
- First, click on the Windows icon and then enter ‘system’ on the search bar.
- From the prompt list, select ‘system’ and then open it.
- Ensure that your system abides by the below-mentioned specification required to download AOL Gold
- Device storage: 512 Hard disk space or more & 1 GB or more RAM
- Screen Resolution: 1068*768 or more
- System processor: 266 MHz or faster
- Operating system: Window 8,9,10 or newer
- Remove the Junk Files
Overloaded memory cans also cause the crashing of the browser in AOL Gold. However, by freeing your system’s storage space, you can solve the browser’s crashing issue. By using the disk cleanup, you can remove the junk and temporary files of your system.
- You need to first go to the Windows start button and then enter ‘disk cleanup’ on the search bar.
- Now from the result shown up, click on the disk cleanup option.
- On the next Window, choose the files you wish to delete by marking the checkbox present next to those files.
- At last click on OK.
Even after applying all these steps, if the browser crashing issue still haunts you, then you need to install AOL Gold software again by removing the earlier version. To remove the earlier installed version of desktop software you need to uninstall it, and then download the setup file of the latest version of AOL Gold. Run this program and then follow the on-screen instruction to install the desktop software on your system.
AOL Desktop Gold Error 137 is a technical error which can give you a real headache when not resolved on time. This error mostly occurs when there is an issue while installing or updating desktop software. This error is accompanied by a message that reads “ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED.” This error can start affecting your work if not resolved quickly. You can download AOL desktop Gold on your system by removing the previous version for eradicating this issue. Or you can go through this blog to know how to fix the error 137 in AOL Desktop Gold.
Solutions to Fix AOL Desktop Gold 137 Error
You have to follow the below-mentioned steps for fixing the error code 137 in AOL Desktop Gold:
Update AOL Gold
Are you wondering what the most efficient way to solve Error 137 is? Yes, it is by updating your AOL Desktop Gold and once done restart your system. You can use the steps given below to update your AOL Desktop Gold:
- Launch the AOL Desktop Gold on your computer.
- Sign in the AOL Gold by entering the correct login credentials that are your username and password
- Go to the Menu bar, and then you have to click on the ‘Help’ option.
- You need to click on the ‘About AOL’ and then look for the message that reads ‘Revision 11. x. Xxx’ or higher.
Uninstall AOL Desktop Gold and Then Reinstall it
If you cannot update the desktop software, you can try to uninstall the desktop software and then reinstall it. Now you may be thinking how to uninstall the AOL Gold? It’s simple just follow these steps:
- Type ‘Control Panel’ on the search box of your system
- Click on the option of ‘Control Panel’ from the search results.
- You have to select ‘Programs’ and then go to ‘Programs and Features’
- Here look for the AOL Desktop Gold and then right-click on it and select Uninstall option.
- Follow the onscreen instruction to complete the uninstallation process of AOL Gold.
After uninstalling the AOL Desktop Gold software, you have to visit the official website of AOL. From there, you can install AOL Gold on your system by checking the system requirement and make sure to download the latest version of this software. If the error stills haunt you, you don’t have to think twice and call the experts to eradicate all types of AOL Gold issues.
Have you ever wondered what you will do while facing upgrade error in AOL Desktop Gold? Or what to do when you cannot update your desktop software? If no, then fret not, this upgrade issue can arise in your desktop software for various reasons. It can occur when the automatic update feature is turned off or when viruses and malware attack your system. There are other reasons too, which can be responsible for the upgrade issue in your system. However, you can resolve this issue on your own by following the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this blog. You can even try to download AOL Gold software on your system and then install it; however, don’t forget to remove the desktop software’s previously installed version.
Steps to Fix With AOL Desktop Gold Upgrade Issue
By following the steps mentioned below in this blog will help you to resolve the upgrade issue in AOL Desktop Gold:
Try to use 100% compatible router as then your desktop software will work smoothly. Then these routers will not cause the issue of no or poor internet connection. AOL will work smoothly with that router which has adjustable MTU settings and supports PPPoE connections. N range wireless routers will be efficient as they can cover a large distance.
- Compatible System Requirement
If your system is not fulfilling the system requirement of AOL Gold, then it may be the reason behind the occurrence of upgrade issues. You must check the system requirement before installing the desktop software:
- Operating system: Windows 7 or higher
- Processor: 266MHz or higher
- Memory: Minimum 512 MB free disk and 1GB RAM
- Screen resolution: 1024 X 768
- Fast and secure internet connection
- PPPoE connection with AOL
- You have to open the new connection wizard and click on the Next tab.
- Now click on connect to internet > Next.
- Please select the option to set up the connection manually and then using an internet connection connect it
- Now you have to enter the username and the password of your broadband connection.
- Use a unique name for your ISP Name and then complete the connection process by entering the username and password.
- Reinstall the AOL Desktop Gold Software
If the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps don’t work, then reinstall the AOL Gold software again on your system. You have to uninstall the software then do the clean installation of the AOL Desktop Gold carefully.
Remember to install AOL desktop Gold only after you are sure that your device meets the system requirement.
AOL Desktop Gold needs no introduction and people are going crazy over this software because of its amazing features. However, if you think that this software is free from all errors, you are mistaken as people face error while using this AOL Desktop Gold. One such error is download and installation error where you will be facing issues while installing this desktop software. In those situations, you can take help from experts or can refer to this blog. You can also try to install AOL desktop Gold in your system again by removing the software’s previous version first.
Steps to Fix Download and Installation Error
You can fix the download and installation error in AOL Desktop Gold by implementing these steps:
- Make sure that you are downloading the setup file of the desktop software from the official AOL website. And if you are buying this software, then ensure that you are buying from a reliable source.
- Check the system requirement before you install AOL Desktop Gold on your computer or laptop.
- Run an antivirus software so as to remove any malicious malware and spyware from your system.
- Ensure that your computer and its driver are up-to-date and if it is not, update it. Then you have to restart your system.
Advanced Solution for Fixing Download and Installation Error
When the above tips don’t help you in resolving the download and installation error of AOL Gold then you have to apply advanced troubleshooting steps:
- You have to install AOL Gold in your system as a normal user.
- Temporarily disable all the blocking applications and programs of your system and then restart your system.
- If the communication software is blocking the installation of AOL Gold, then follow these steps:
- Press the Ctrl, Alt and Delete key together to open the Task Manager
- Go to the Process tab and here search for the file with name waol.exe.
- You have to select this file and then choose the option to stop the running process.
- You can perform a clean boot of your system:
- Press the Start button and then search for msconfig, and then you have to choose the option of system configuration.
- Go to Service tab and here ticks the checkbox next to ‘Hide all Microsoft Service’ and then you have to disable all services.
- Open Task Manager and then you need to go to the Startup tab and disable all the items.
- At last, restart your computer.
To download AOL Gold software, you have to be sure that you are downloading the setup file of the latest version of the desktop software and that too from the official website of AOL.
If you have encountered AOL Frozen Screen Error, you must follow a few instructions to eliminate it. The instructions are mentioned below to troubleshoot AOL Frozen Screen Issue soon.
- Restart Your System
- Restart your computer to close all backend programs running on your computer and provide a space for AOL Gold to open smoothly again.
- Scan your system to check for Trojans, Worms, or Virus, and if any malware is detected, then remove it quickly because it will freeze your AOL screen
- Keep assured that Internet speed is high and stable to open it
- If the problems exist still, then move to AOL files and start the program again
- Reinstall AOL desktop gold again and update your browser and windows before re-downloading it.
- Run & Download AOL in Compatible Mode
- Download AOL software from a trustworthy source
- Choose its properties and then, save AOL installation files on your desktop
- Choose the Compatibility Mode option and click at option ‘Enter the Program in Compatibility Mode.’
- Then, select Download Box and also choose Past Operating System.
- Then press OK and attempt to re-download AOL once again.
- Run AOL Desktop Gold in Compatible Mode
- Press the AOL Gold Desktop icon with a Right-Click
- From the drop-down menu, choose option ‘Run As Admin.’
It is the short-cut option to remove this AOL Error. You can’t use it every time. You have to follow an alternative method given below to fix this error.
- Choose Characteristics by right-clicking at AOL Gold Desktop icon
- Press at Short-Cut option on the opened Windows
- Tab at the ‘Advanced Tab’ option and then verify by clicking at ‘Execute As Administrator.’
- Save it and then click to reinstall AOL Gold
- Run Compatibility Troubleshooter at Your Computer
- Open the Control Panel and in the search box, type ‘System’ and then press ‘ENTER.’
- To look at your device specifications, click on System option
- Compare the one by opening the Window specifications
- Operating System 10 or Window 7/8/8.1
- iOS Version 10
- System Processor 266MHz or faster
- Screen Resolution 1068*768 or more
- Ram 512 MB (approx.)
- Remove and Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Press the Start Menu and locate Search Box
- Type the Update and then, click on the Windows Update option
- Then, move to ‘Change Settings’ select the ‘Important Updates’ heading
- Then, look at the box ‘Automatically Install Update.’
- Finally, choose the AOL Gold Desktop option and click on updates
- Save the changes or updates once the process is completed.
Troubleshoot Corrupt Desktop Software
Click at Start button in the control panel
- Search for Programs and Features
- Select AOL Desktop option and then Scroll it to top and press Uninstall option
- When the full method is completed, then Restart your device
- Download or Reinstall it again on your device such as Desktop, Laptop, Smartphone, Tablet, etc.
Now, open your reinstalled AOL Gold Desktop icon and if the same error exists, then Install AOL Desktop Gold again. You can also contact the AOL Gold Desktop support team to resolve this issue altogether. Some various executives are available for your help 24/7 hours.
AOL Desktop Gold is a desktop software that gives people the virtual access of any AOL service. This desktop software is very easy to use and is also convenient because you can have access to a variety of services that includes AOL Mail, online games, news, entertainment, music, and much more. The beauty of this fantastic desktop software is that all the online services are available only on a single platform. AOL Desktop Gold gives various benefits to users, such as customized email and font options, 2-step verification for ensuring you to enjoy personalized web experience. You can look at the steps that are given below to know how you can download AOL Desktop gold on your Mac.
System Requirements for AOL Desktop Gold
Before downloading and installing the AOL Desktop Gold on your Mac, you need to ensure that your device is meeting the necessary system requirements for running the software. Here takes a quick look at the system requirement that you must fulfil before you download and install AOL Desktop Gold:
- Hard Disk: Minimum 512 MB free space
- Fast and secure internet connection
- Computer processor: 266 MHz or faster
- Hard Disk: Minimum 512 MB free space
- RAM: 1 GB
Steps to Download AOL Desktop Gold for Mac
The steps to download and then install AOL Desktop Gold on your Mac depends on your AOL membership plan or the subscriber status. You can go through this blog to see the steps to download and install AOL Desktop Gold on Mac device:
- If you are an AOL Advantage Plan member, then you need to log in to an AOL account and then go to the ‘My Benefits’ page. Here look for AOL Desktop Gold software in the ‘All Products’ section and then click the button of ‘Download now.’
- If you have signed for a trial version of AOL Desktop Gold or if you have a subscription, then you should go to ‘My Accounts’ and select the option of ‘Services and Subscription.’ Here search for AOL Desktop Gold and then click on the button of ‘Get Started’ and follow the installation process.
- If you have signed up for the AOL Desktop Gold, then you could use the link from your confirmation email for downloading and installing AOL Desktop Gold for your Mac device.
- Whichever process you choose you need to save the setup file of AOL and then follow the instruction that is shown on the screen to complete the installing the desktop software on your system.
Since the steps for download and install AOL desktop Gold depends on the subscription that you have or the AOL membership that you possess. Then you need to be sure that you are following the correct installation steps to get the software. If you get steps while implementing the installation steps, then you can reach out to the customer care team and ask for technical assistance.
AOL Desktop Gold offers a whole range of features with its software as it provides services including Mails, Search Engines, News, Games and others. It is highly known email service that you can use on your desktop or other devices. Sometimes you may encounter the error 212 in AOL Mail while sending mails to the other users from your AOL Desktop Gold user account. You will see a notification ‘Sorry for the annoyance. We are unable to perform your task because of error 212’. It is effortless to solve this error as it is a very common error. We have step by step guide for you to get rid of this problem. To work error-free or smoothly you can also Download the Latest Version of AOL Desktop Gold.
How do you recognize AOL Desktop Error 212
- A notification will appear on your screen.
- Your keyboard and mouse will work slow.
- Your system will freeze or crash frequently.
Reasons for getting AOL Desktop Error 212
- If you have corrupted installation of AOL Desktop Gold on your system.
- Virus and Cyber Attack are very common these days, so this can be one of the reasons for this error, so its better to be cyber safe.
- One major reason can be insider threats. For instance, any file in your system deliberately deleted or accidentally.
- You have not Installed AOL Desktop updated version.
Now, let’s know the way to solve this error. Given below are some easy steps to fix this AOL Desktop Error 212 on your system.
Steps to fix AOL Desktop Error 212 :
Step 1 – Firstly search for any destruction or corruption in the registry files entries in the windows.
Step 2 – Scan if your system has any anti-virus, If yes run an anti-virus.
Step 3 – Update your system drive with the latest version.
Step 4 – Clean-up your unwanted files from the system by these steps:
- Open control panel< Administrative Tools< Disc Clean-Up.
- Now select the file you wish to run disc clean-up and choose all the unnecessary files.
- Click OK and delete files.
Step 5 – Restore your window system and then uninstall and reinstall your AOL Desktop.
Step 6 – Update your windows with the latest version if it is not updated.
Step 7 – Now check the AOL Desktop install error 212 will be fixed on your system.
These troubleshoot will helps you to solve your AOL Desktop Error 212. This error commonly occurs at sometimes automatically fix on its own, but if not then our guidance will surely help to take you out from this difficulty. The steps given above are easy to follow and execute. For the smoother experience, you can Download AOL Desktop Gold on your system.
Cannot download AOL Desktop Gold
In the world of technology, a cache is the software component that is known for storing data so that websites can load it faster in the future. The temporary instance of web pages that are stored on your AOL Desktop Gold browser will improve your browsing experience and will significantly reduce the page load time. However, if the cache is cluttered with a lot of unwanted data, then it can cause several errors on the user’s system. To make sure your AOL Gold software is running smoothly you must clear the browser’s cache regularly and delete those unwanted data. This article will highlight the steps you can implement while clearing the browser’s cache on AOL Desktop Gold. You can even Download AOL Desktop Gold again on your system to remove the cache and solve other issues of the desktop software.
Steps to Clear Cache on AOL Desktop Gold
Clearing the cache of the web browser on AOL Desktop Gold is one of the basic troubleshooting steps which you can use for resolving minor technical errors. Whenever you encounter any error like a page freezing issue or a website becoming unresponsive, then clear the cache and restart your computer to resolve the issue. You can go through the steps given below to clear the browser cache on the AOL Desktop Gold and improve the browser speed and performance:
Step 1: You need to open the AOL Desktop software on your computer.
Step 2: Now you have to enter your AOL Desktop Gold login details in the fields provided.
Step 3: Sign in to your AOL Desktop account and then go to the top menu bar.
Step 4: You have to click on the ‘Settings’ option and then open the account settings.
Step 5: Look for the ‘Browser’ settings that are located on the left menu.
Step 6: Navigate to the security tab, and then you have to click on the ‘Clear Footprints Now.’
Step 7: Checkmark all the data you wish to delete and click on the relevant delete button.
Read more: – AOL Gold Desktop icon Disappeared
Once the browser cache is cleared and the unwanted data is deleted, you can restart the AOL Desktop software and continue browsing the web. However, if the cache data is still there, then you can install AOL Desktop Gold software again and install it on your system. AOL always recommends users should empty the cache every time they close their software. If you have any trouble executing the steps mentioned above, you can call the experts and ask for additional help. Trained software technicians are available 24 *7 to give you expert advice on how to solve any issue related to AOL Desktop Gold software.